4620 North Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX, United States
Garage door opener and remote control
Automatic garage door openers are a convenience that most people rarely think about. But a rainy day is a reminder that it’s a must-have for homeowners and potential homebuyers: when it’s stuck open and closed, it’s an emergency. Given that garage door openers are a complex combination of many factors that can throw them off balance, they are extremely reliable. Repair your garage door opener, install a replacement opener, or get a new remote control. Highly trained specialists are available whenever you need them. We use only products from leading manufacturers and work with experienced mechanics to ensure smooth, quiet operation for years to come. Serving all of Houston and the surrounding area I’m here.
There are several types of reliable and economical drives.
- Belt drives are the quietest and have the longest life. Noise reduction is especially important if the bedroom is above or adjacent to the garage. The best belts are Kevlar reinforced rubber.
- Cable drives and tension springs are more common on older and economical models.
- Chain drive is the most powerful but slightly louder.
- High lift and vertical lift mechanisms do not require rails and are primarily used in commercial buildings.
- A jack shaft drive is wall mounted on one side of the door to save space.
- Although they require less maintenance, solid steel lead screws with bearings are not as popular as they used to be, partly for cost reasons.
When replacing, do not install just the old opener. We are happy to discuss these important factors with you in choosing the right product.
- Power A 1/2 horsepower (horsepower) door opener is sufficient for most homes. But for heavy doors, the range is 1 1/2 HP or more.
- Battery-backed economy models also typically have a rechargeable battery backup to turn on and off during short power outages.
- Premium models can provide up to 20 open/close cycles for large power outages. Safety sensor “light barrier” for people’s safety, force and other obstacle sensors (especially children), pets and vehicles are mandatory since 1993. A stable installation requires an experienced installer with extensive adjustments and testing.
Repair and maintenance
Regular garage door opener inspection, adjustment and lubrication avoid many garage door opener repairs and are especially important for commercial and heavy-duty openers. Repairs are often just a few small parts, but if you need to do a bigger job or the door was installed before 1993, it’s probably time for a replacement installation.
GIVE US A CALL
Request a Quote
Garage door repair in Houston
Our expert garage door repair technicians will accurately diagnose the problem when your garage door stops working.
Once we identify the issue, we will offer a reasonable solution.
We are well equipped to handle any problems, including broken springs, cables, rollers, tracks, sections, and noisy doors.
Interested in our garage door repair services?
Call us on: